How to Clean Patio Furniture: Cushions
- Mix 1 teaspoon dishwashing soap and 1 teaspoon Borax in 1 quart of warm water. Pour the solution into a spray bottle and generously saturate both sides of the cushions. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Spray down the cushions with a garden hose and let them dry almost completely. Then, spray them with fabric protector to make cleaning easier in the future.
How to Clean Patio Furniture: Canvas
- Removable canvas can be machine-washed and put back on the furniture when wet to expand to its original shape.
- Canvas that can’t be removed can be scrubbed. Rub a soft bristled brush over a bar of Fels-Naptha soap and gently scrub the canvas into a good lather. Spray it down with a hose to rinse the off soap.
How to Clean Patio Furniture: Wood
- Put on rubber gloves. Follow the instructions on a bottle of wood cleaner, applying it with a soft bristle brush. Rinse the furniture well and allow it to air dry.
How to Clean Patio Furniture: Metal
- Remove any dust or dirt and dry the patio furniture well.
- Put on safety goggles. Sand down rust spots with sandpaper until you reach the bare metal. Wipe sanded areas clean with a rag.
- Apply primer to the sanded areas and allow it to dry completely to help prevent rust from forming in the future.
- To give the clean patio furniture a new look, select a spray paint color that suits your outdoor living space plans and spray paint the metal. Allow it to dry completely, following the curing guidelines on the paint can you select.
How to Clean Patio Furniture: Wicker
- Vacuum using a brush attachment to remove loose dirt and paint chips. For minor buildup, wipe the wicker clean with a rag dampened with warm water and mild detergent.
- To remove grime and mildew, first put on rubber gloves and safety goggles. Then prepare wood cleaner according to package directions. Apply the solution with a synthetic bristle brush and scrub stubborn spots as needed. Rinse well and allow the wicker to air dry.
By implementing these tips on how to clean patio furniture, your backyard will get a facelift without a large investment on your part. Find out more about patio shade structures to complement and increase the value of your home by visiting us at Phxpatios.com